Isenberg faculty members and PhD students are engaged in cutting-edge research that makes an impact on the business world and society, as well as the knowledge base in academia. We have gained a global reputation for thought leadership by addressing important issues with rigorous research methods across a range of topic areas, including business leadership, alternative investments, behavioral accounting, the economic impact of tourism, marketing and public policy, large-scale networks, human-computer interactions, sport diversity issues, entrepreneurship, knowledge creation, and information flows.
Isenberg’s research mission is supported by:
- Internationally recognized scholars. On our faculty we have 13 members with endowed professorships. Many of our faculty members hold editorial positions and sit on prestigious editorial review boards. They continue to innovate and push the boundaries of their disciplines.
- A wealth of research support. This includes access to important research databases, the support of the W.E.B. Du Bois Library and its extensive digital catalog, and research support found at a top 25 public university.
- A strong established doctoral program. Over the past 50 years, Isenberg has offered PhD concentrations in accounting, finance, hospitality and tourism, marketing, management science, information systems, organizational studies, sport management, and strategic management.
- A vibrant academic environment. The UMass Amherst campus houses many nationally ranked programs in a variety of fields, which offer interdisciplinary support and opportunities. The five-college environment—including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mt. Holyoke College, and Smith College—provides extended access to resources and collaboration opportunities.
- A culture that values innovation and thought leadership. We are driven to make an impact with our research.