Experiential learning is at the core of our MS Sport Management education philosophy.
In most of our classes, the theory that applies to each discipline is supplemented by real-world projects providing students the ability to work in teams to solve "real world" challenges.
Students will gain expertise in sport-related disciplines ranging from marketing, law and finance … to applied sport market research and analytics. Our program also offers a unique Professional Development Seminar in which industry practitioners enlighten students on a broad range of career advice and opportunities. The MS in Sport Management requires 35 credits and students generally complete the program in 1 year (dual degree MBA/MS students have more required credit hours and require 2 years to complete this program).
Here’s a sample of our required sport management courses:
- Sport Marketing
- Sport Finance and Business
- Sport and the Law
- Sport Organizational Behavior and Development
- Applied Sport Market Research
Here’s a sample of elective courses:
- Advanced Sport Analytics
- Sport Promotion & Sales
- Sport Economics
- Women in Sport Business
- College Athletics
- Labor Relations in Professional Sports
Meet Our Faculty
Follow our step-by-step process to complete your online application.
- Once you click Apply Now, you will be taken to the University's secure online student information system, SPIRE.
- Follow the “Go to Application” link to create your user account to begin your application process.
- Complete the admissions requirements and submit your application. Note: you can save and resume your application process as you gather required materials.
- After submitting, track your application at the Graduate School Status of Application page.