Isenberg offers a superior education at a competitive rate, making your MS in Sport Management an exceptional return on your investment.
With our affordable tuition and excellent aid opportunities, you can live within your means while investing in your future.
To see the most up-to-date information regarding tuition and fees, please visit the UMass Amherst Office of the Bursar. There you can learn about Resident and Non-Resident tuition, the New England Regional Program tuition, and any applicable fees.
To apply for graduate financial aid at UMass Amherst you only need to complete one form – the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, commonly called FAFSA. The Graduate Financial Aid office will use the FAFSA to determine your eligibility for federal, state and university aid programs.
Graduate assistantships are available for students accepted into the program. General information about assistantships can be obtained by visiting the Graduate Assistantship Office website.
Most Graduate Assistantships carry a waiver of tuition, a waiver of many of the fees, and a stipend of $5,200 per semester for a 10-hour-per-week position. On average, 90% of MS graduate students receive at least one semester of graduate assistantship funding, and all MBA/MS in Sport Management graduate students are guaranteed at least one full year of graduate assistantship funding.
When invited for an admissions interview, more information will be provided regarding the selection process for Assistantships. It is recommended, however, that a student plan and prepare to attend the University of Massachusetts without a graduate assistantship.
Graduate applicants are also strongly advised to apply for other national fellowships-Ford Foundation, Javits Fellows, NSF Fellowships, and those provided by national professional organizations. The University participates in Project 1000 (National Hispanic name exchange), GEM (for those interested in science and engineering), and the National Physical Science Consortium, and strongly encourages McNair Scholars to apply. For further information, contact the OGSRR at the above address.
The McCormack-McLendon Scholarship--a partnership with The McLendon Foundation--provides tuition-free enrollment to one student each academic year in either the MS in Sport Management or the MBA/MS in Sport Management dual degree programs. For more information, please visit the McCormack-McLendon Scholarship page.
Military Financial Benefits
- Active military and U.S. veterans may waive the application fee. Before applying to the program, send an email requesting an application fee waiver. After you receive an email confirmation, submit your application.
- UMass Amherst has a dedicated Veteran Services Office to assist you with your military benefits and available tuition assistance.
Follow our step-by-step process to complete your online application.
- Review the program specific admissions requirements.
- Click Apply Now to go to the University's Graduate School site where you can find a link to the secure online application.
- First-time users will need to create an account to start a new application. Note: You can submit your application before you have all your materials ready, simply save and resume your application as you gather required materials.
- After submitting, track your application at the Graduate School Status of Application page.