The sport industry has rapidly developed into a thriving $200 billion business, driving demand for sport business-trained professionals and pioneering academic research. There are exceptional opportunities for aspiring academics with a passion for sport.
Isenberg has been ahead of this curve, crafting a doctoral program—one of only a handful in the country—that prepares students to meet this demand. By merging the Mark H. McCormack Department of Sport Management, a leader in the field for 40 years, with Isenberg, we can now simultaneously provide students with PhD-level training in sport and business management.
We’re proud that our distinguished program also offers:
- Renowned faculty with diverse research interests who regularly publish scholarly work
- A supportive and collaborative environment that extends beyond the classroom
- Low student-to-faculty ratio, providing individual attention to doctoral students
- Customization that encourages doctoral students to pursue their research interests
- Strong ties to sport industry leaders who can be utilized for research
Our graduates enjoy marketability as both published researchers and seasoned educators. We welcome applicants who are dedicated learners and inquisitive thinkers interested in making real contributions to this exciting and still emerging field.