Students Leading the Way
As part of Isenberg's effort to attract and support exceptional students, Dean Massey invites approximately 30 newly admitted students annually to join the Isenberg Dean's Academy. During their first year at UMass, the students--chosen based on outstanding academic achievement in high school as well as potential for success at Isenberg--will participate in weekly seminars with the Director of the Dean’s Academy; meet with prominent alumni, corporate executives and industry leaders; and have regular sessions with the dean and other Isenberg faculty. Additionally, Academy students have the option to take a couple of their core business classes in sections of smaller size.
Community-building events--such as the Move-in Day Reception, Dean’s Academy Retreat, and the Dean's Academy Family Reception --allow Academy members to form friendships, develop leadership skills, and transition to their college experience.
In the Fall, Dean’s Academy students attend Isenberg’s Leaders of Impact event in Boston. This allows them the opportunity to meet alumni, talk with Isenberg faculty, and hear from the Keynote speaker and distinguished leaders about their paths to success
Past Dean's Academy Speakers
- Robert Epstein ’67, President & CEO of Horizon Beverage Group; University of Massachusetts Trustee
- Earl Stafford ’76, CEO of The Stafford Foundation
- Rob Hale, Co-Founder & CEO, Granite Telecommunications
- Ken Bouyer, EY Americas Director of Inclusiveness Recruiting
- Zaileen Janmohamed, SVP, Head of Commercial Development & Innovation, U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Properties
- Anne Massey, Dean
- Bill Brown, Senior Associate Dean