All Students: Confirm Acceptance via the Admissions & Status Tile in SPIRE Official transcripts are required for all non-UMass Amherst applicants. Please submit your official transcripts once yo
- Confirm Acceptance via the Admissions & Status Tile in SPIRE
- Official transcripts are required for all non-UMass Amherst applicants. Please submit your official transcripts once your final grades and degree conferral are posted to your transcript.
- Review your Degree Requirements checklist
On-Campus Students Only:
- Submit your non-refundable $500 Deposit. Submitting the deposit will allow you to register for courses in your first semester. Please note: Students with an admission term one year or more out will not be able to submit a deposit at this time. Your advisor will contact you when it is due.
- Begin searching for housing:
- Amherst Off-Campus Housing. A general overview of Amherst and surrounding towns is available found through the International Programs Office “New Student Resources” page.
- Review Immunization Requirements and Health Insurance Information through University Health Services.
International Students Only:
- After you confirm acceptance to the program, the International Programs Office (IPO) will reach out to you via email with subject line “UMass Amherst Visa Sponsorship” for I20 processing. In the meantime, please review the IPO website for VISA regulations and new student resources
Keep In Mind:
- Just prior to registration for your first term, you will receive an email from the university with information regarding setting up and maintaining your SPIRE and university email account.
- Orientation will take place shortly before classes begin. Keep an eye on your UMass email for a registration link.
- You will receive all UMass and Isenberg emails via your UMASS email ONLY. Please be diligent about checking for these important communications such as registration reminders from your advisor.
- Fall registration opens in early June
- Winter registration opens in mid-October
- Spring registration opens in early November
- Summer registration opens in mid-March
- Excel skills will be useful in all of your courses and will also provide you essential skills for potential employers. To bring everyone up-to-speed, we encourage incoming students to utilize these free Excel Tutorials.
- If purchasing a new laptop, we recommend a Windows operating system. While a Mac will work for much of the coursework, you may need to log into the virtual computer lab to complete certain assignments.