Focus your MBA for the healthcare industry.
In partnership with the UMass School of Public Health and Health Sciences, the Isenberg MBA with a Focus in Healthcare Administration offers a mix of business and public health courses that directly apply to the healthcare industry. This focus is ideal for healthcare professionals seeking promotion into management or those looking to transition into the rapidly growing field of healthcare administration.
Note: The focus area is only listed on your transcript, not on your diploma.
MBA students are required to complete a total of 9 elective credits to establish an optional focus area. The following list of courses are a sampling of Healthcare Administration electives. Please note that these electives are offered on a rotating basis and are subject to change. Connect with your Academic Advisor for current course offerings.
Aging, Policy, Politics, and Law
Comparative Healthcare System
Ethical Issues in Public Health
Financial Management of Health Institutions
Globalization and Health
Health Economics and Reimbursement
Health Program Planning
Healthcare Data Analytics
Healthcare Organization and Administration
Healthcare Quality and Performance Improvement
International Health, Population, and Development
Intro to Health Politics and Policy
Intro to US Healthcare
Intro to US Mental Health System
Program Evaluation in Health and Human Service Organizations
Public Health Law
Public Health Leadership
Services Marketing Management (if not taken as MKT core)
Strategic Technological Innovation Management
Students may substitute up to 3 credits of Healthcare Administration electives with a “flex” designated elective. These flex electives are applicable to all industries and can be applied to all focus areas.
Business Intelligence & Analytics
Career and Professional Development Workshop
Data Management for Business Leaders
Foundations of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Business
Negotiations Theory & Practice
Personal Finance - Basics
Personal Finance - Cash Management
Personal Finance - Insurance
Personal Finance - Investments
Survey Development and Analysis
Priority: June 1
Final: July 15
Priority: October 1
Final: November 15
Priority: February 1
Final: March 15
Priority Deadline Benefits
If you apply by the priority deadline for your chosen start term, you will receive several educational and financial benefits:
- $85 application fee reimbursement on your first tuition invoice.
- Priority access to course registration.
- Additional time to plan finances.
- Early access to upcoming career and professional development opportunities.
Follow our step-by-step process to complete your online application.
- Review the program specific admissions requirements.
- Click Apply Now to go to the University's Graduate School site where you can find a link to the secure online application.
- First-time users will need to create an account to start a new application. Note: You can submit your application before you have all your materials ready, simply save and resume your application as you gather required materials.
- After submitting, track your application at the Graduate School Status of Application page.
#1 in the U.S.
#1 Public in the Northeast