Our Student Experience Is Among the Best in the Nation
• Our Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program is recognized by the IRS as the top chapter in the nation, providing the most volunteers and volunteer hours to help low-income people with their taxes free of charge.
• Our students finished as national finalists in the Deloitte FanTAXtic case competition in 2019. This follows other recent successes, including being named national champions or national finalists in EY, Grant Thornton, and PwC case competitions.
• Our undergraduate program and our Master of Science in Accounting program are each ranked in the top 25 nationally; plus, both are ranked #1 in New England.* We are delivering New England’s top accounting education at about half the cost of the many Boston-area private universities we compete with.
• Our large and rapidly growing Master of Science in Accounting program has more than 250 students from across New England, the nation, and the world. We offer courses in person, online, and in blended formats, and the program includes concentrations in auditing and financial reporting, tax, and forensics and analytics.
Recent Highlights from our Nationally Renowned Faculty
• Our faculty ranks #2 in the nation for auditor judgment and decision-making research in the top accounting journals over the past decade, #5 for all accounting judgment and decision-making research, #7 in the nation for financial accounting judgment and decision-making research, and #8 in the nation for audit research overall.** About 60 percent of our students go into financial statement auditing, and they are being taught by national thought leaders in judgment and decision-making issues in auditing and financial reporting.
• As one of the world’s leading audit researchers, Professor Chris Agoglia is serving as the senior editor of Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory. Our faculty also includes editors of the leading journals Accounting, Organizations and Society and the Journal of Information Systems.
• As one of the worldwide centers of audit research, our school hosted the prestigious International Symposium on Audit Research during 2019, and going forward is one of four permanent hosts worldwide.