THE HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM MANAGEMENT (HTM) DEPARTMENT AT UMASS AMHERST offers a global hospitality leadership course to 25 students with great leadership potential. The course aims to engage hospitality industry executives and companies in an effective format of leadership education for these next generation leaders. Executives and organizations can partner with UMass HTM for this exciting educational venture.
Leadership Academy Sponsors
Become a corporate partner for the course’s “Leading at High Level” learning module. Sponsor a field trip of the class to your corporate or regional office on a Friday. Host the class, preferably with multiple managers, for 3-6 hours and lecture on:
- Your and/or your organization’s leadership philosophy and culture
- A day and career as a high level leader
- Advice on what to prepare as a student for a leadership career
- Tour of leadership in your organization (not a property tour, but meeting with different managers and leaders of your organization)
- Questions and answers with emphasis on leadership cases and challenges
- Mentor 1-2 students in the course on career plans during the semester (optional) – Guidelines will be given to both you and the mentee students for only essential interactions so as not to burden your time and efforts beyond a reasonable level.