If you’ve got experience, use it. You may be able to bypass specific courses based on your previous studies.
You can transfer up to 75 credits. Isenberg considers specific criteria to determine transfer eligibility of business courses.
Courses will generally transfer if:
- Offered at a school that has regional academic accreditation at the post-secondary level
- Comparable in nature, content, and level to courses offered at UMass Amherst
- Passed with a minimum grade of C-
Courses will generally not transfer if:
- Remedial or development (pre-100 level, ESL, basic math, pre-composition, etc.)
- Skills oriented (study skills, career development, word processing, business communication, sales, etc.
- Vocational (secretarial, lab technology, real estate, electronics, paralegal, medical assistant, radiology, etc.)
- Internships, co-ops, field experiences or practica sponsored by another school
- Non-credit courses
Learn more about transferring General Education requirements.
Not happy with your UMass Amherst GPA from years ago? Typically, your last GPA is applied toward your new program GPA. However, the Fresh Start option gives you a clean slate. If you are a returning UMass student and have not taken a course in the past three years, you can you begin a new cumulative GPA upon readmission. Learn more.
Our advisors can evaluate your unofficial transcripts* which will give you a good idea of which courses will most likely transfer and what requirements you still need to fulfill. The preliminary transcript review does not guarantee admission.
*International Transcripts: To receive a preliminary review of International Transcripts we need US equivalency information. Include copies of your Professional Evaluations for each International institution you attended when you compete the request form above. Please note, Accounting and Business Law courses must be US law and policy based in order to transfer.