Focus your MBA for the healthcare industry.
In partnership with the UMass School of Public Health and Health Sciences, the Isenberg MBA with a Focus in Healthcare Administration offers a mix of general business and public health courses that directly apply to the healthcare industry. This focus is ideal for healthcare professionals seeking promotion into management or those looking to transition into the rapidly growing field of healthcare administration.
Note: The focus area is only listed on your transcript, not on your diploma.
MBA students are required to complete a total of 9 elective credits to establish an optional focus area. Students can complete a focus in Healthcare Administration by choosing 9 credits from the courses listed below, with at least one course from Isenberg. Please note that the Public Policy & Health Courses are offered on a rotating basis and are subject to change. Connect with your Academic Advisor for current course offerings.
- Healthcare Quality & Performance Improvement
- Negotiations Theory & Practice
- Project Management
- Data Management for Business Leaders
School of Public Policy & Health Courses
- Aging, Policy, Politics, and Law
- Community Development and Health Education
- Financial Management of Health Institutions
- Health Disparities
- Health Economics and Reimbursement
- Health Program Planning
- Health Policy in the United States
- Healthcare Organization and Administration
- Humanitarian Logistics and Healthcare
- Intro to US Healthcare
- Intro to US Mental Health System
- Program Evaluation in Health and Human Service Organizations
- Public Health Leadership
|Early Action||Round 1||Round 2||Round 3|
|November 1||December 1||February 1||April 1 (U.S. applicants only)|
Follow our step-by-step process to complete your online application.
- Once you click Apply Now, you will be taken to the University's secure online student information system, SPIRE.
- Follow the “Go to Application” link to create your user account to begin your application process.
- Complete the admissions requirements and submit your application. Note: you can save and resume your application process as you gather required materials.
- After submitting, track your application at the Graduate School Status of Application page.