The Innovation & Entrepreneurship (I&E) Academy Competitions
- The Minute Pitch (Oct. 11, 2022, in-person) applications open Sept. 1 | application due Sept. 22, 2022, 11:59 p.m. APPLY
- The Business Plan Competition (no pitch competition) applications open Sept. 1 | application due Sept. 22, 2022, 11:59 p.m. APPLY
- The Executive Pitch (Nov. 8, 2022, in-person, closed door) applications open Sept 20th| application due Oct. 20, 2022, 11:59 p.m.
- The Tech Challenge (Nov. 7, 2022, in-person, closed door) applications open Sept 20th | application due Oct. 20, 2022, 11:59 p.m.
- The Social Entrepreneurship Challenge (Nov. 9, 2022, in-person, closed door) applications open Sept 20th| application due Oct. 20, 2022, 11:59 p.m.
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship Awards & Networking Night (Nov. 16, 2022). Meet the UMass I&E community and find out who the winners are from the Executive Pitch Competition, the Tech Challenge, and the Social Entrepreneurship Challenge campus competition!
The Innovation Challenge Competition
- Innovation Challenge: The Preliminary Round (April 5th, 2023, in-person) applications open February 8 | application due March 23, 11:59 p.m.
- Innovation Challenge: The Final (May 3, 2023, in-person) Judges select competitors during The Preliminary Round.
How to Apply
1. Review the eligibility requirements below.
2. Submit the application form by the respective deadline. We will not accept late submissions for any reason.
Submitted applications are used to confirm the eligibility of the team members, advisor(s), and technology; in addition, the Berthiaume Center for Entrepreneurship reserves the right to disqualify any team, at any time, for not meeting our terms and conditions.
Each team must meet and agree to the following eligibility requirements to compete in any stage of the Innovation & Entrepreneurship Academy & the Innovation Challenge:
- The Berthiaume Center reserves the right to disqualify any venture that, in their sole discretion, violates the letter or of the spirit of the competition guidelines and rules.
- The Berthiaume Center assumes no responsibility to ensure the confidentiality of any information disclosed by competitors during public competitions.
- All decisions regarding the competition rules, procedures, and processes are at the sole discretion of the Berthiaume Center leadership. Changes and/or interpretations of these rules may be made by the Berthiaume Center leadership at any time, even though they may be (or may appear to be) in conflict with previously published information.
- The selection of the teams to compete and the decision of the winners are at the sole discretion of the judges and the Berthiaume Center leadership.
- Prize money will not be released until the prize distribution form has been finalized, signed by all team members, and returned to the Berthiaume Center. All paperwork must be submitted within the 12-month grace period.
Incubator Space: 301/302 Bartlett Hall
Executive Offices: Business Innovation Hub N175
Amherst, MA 01003
Main line: 413-545-9482
Operations, Space and Student Engagement: 413-545-9283