The form is for students to request a Management course that they themselves cannot register for on SPIRE.
Please read the instructions on this page before filling out the form. Use the explanation box on the form to let us know why you need the course and why SPIRE is not allowing you to register.
Management Course Override Request Form Instructions
- **If you are not an Isenberg student, do not fill out this form. Please go here and fill out the Isenberg Course Override request for current UMass students: https://www.isenberg.umass.edu/programs/undergraduate/on-campus/advising/course-override-form
- This form is used to submit an override request for all Undergraduate Management courses except MGMT 301, MGMT 494BI, and SCH-MGMT 260. Any request for these 3 courses must be made through the Isenberg Undergraduate Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
- BDIC Students: As a BDIC student, or a prospective BDIC student, you must submit an “Isenberg Wish List Request” available here: https://www.umass.edu/bdic/content/forms-and-documents. The Isenberg Undergraduate Programs Office will follow up regarding the status of your request via your UMass student email. It is important to note that BDIC majors may include a maximum of four courses (301 and higher) from the Isenberg School of Management in their BDIC program. If you have any questions, please contact the BDIC Office at 413-545-2504 or email@example.com.
**You should also fill out the Management Course Override Form found at the bottom of this page so that we in the department know that you are interested in the class, but note that we cannot add you.**
- If the reason you are requesting an override is that the class is fully enrolled, you may fill out this form. However, your best course of action is to monitor Spire to see if a seat opens up. We will be assessing override requests quite close to the start of class, and sometimes seats open up between registration and Add/Drop, prior to us starting this process.
- Ideally, you have met the pre-requisites for this class. If you have not, additional approvals may be required before we can consider adding you. Be sure to describe your situation in the last field of the form.
- Course override requests are reviewed at the end of the semester and continue until the beginning of next semester. You will be notified via Spire if you are placed in the course. If we are unable to accommodate your request we will send you an email. Please check your UMass email regularly for notification.
- Management Course Override Requests are reviewed and processed by the Management Department.