Continue your pursuit of professional growth.
Do you want to learn how to work with data to develop better business insights? Or maybe you are looking to enhance your career opportunities by gaining an understanding of business analytics? Organizations in all industries are generating large amounts of data, every day, and are looking for business professionals who can analyze that data and help improve business efficiency, financial performance, and make better strategic decisions. If any of these statements resonate with you, then you should consider Isenberg’s Certificate in Business Data Analytics. You will learn how to retrieve and manipulate data, and then visualize and analyze using the latest industry tools.
If you are considering applying to the Isenberg Online MBA or the MS in Business Analytics (MSBA), course credits will transfer toward your degree. For the MSBA, the core course credits will transfer toward your degree. Additionally, you may work with your academic advisor to map out an additional 6 credits of electives to transfer into the MSBA program (not all electives may transfer).
Earn your certificate in 15 credits at the graduate-level: 9 core course credits (listed below) and any combination of 6 credits of electives.
Core Courses (9 credits , 3 credits each):
- SCH-MGMT 601 - Data Management for Business Leaders (formerly SCH-MGMT 710)
- SCH-MGMT 650 - Statistics for Business
- SCH-MGMT 602 - Business Intelligence and Analytics
Electives (6 credits):
Note: Any 1, 2 or 3 credit hour course offered by the Isenberg School of Management or another school/college at UMass Amherst (see list of possible courses below) that have an appropriate focus are eligible to count as elective credit towards a Certificate in Business Analytics.
- Artificial Intelligence in Business (2 credits)
- Ecommerce Logistics (1 credit)
- Healthcare Data Analytics (3 credits)
- Project Management (3 credits)
- Business Application Development (3 credits)
- Quality Analytics (1 or 2 credits)
- Salesforce for Marketing & Sales (1 credit)
- Strategic Information Management (3 credits)
- Supply Chain Analytics (3 credits)
- Web Analytics for Digital Marketing (3 credits)
HOW TO APPLY
You may begin the program in fall, spring or summer. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Successful applicants will have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree or be currently enrolled in their final semester.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Unofficial transcript
- Personal statement (a brief 1 page statement describing your goals and why you want to pursue the Certificate)
- For Non-Native English Speakers Only: English Language Proficiency Scores
Certificate classes are $925 per credit and total tuition of the 15-credit certificate is $13,875. Books, supplies, and registration fee are additional.
We encourage you to speak to your employer about tuition reimbursement if there is a tuition assistance program available. Enrolling in higher education courses increases your value to your employer, and as a result, can help increase your job stability and career trajectory at your company.
UMass Amherst accepts students from all 50 states into online programs and classes. The University of Massachusetts Amherst operates distance education classes and programs for out-of-state students under the terms and provisions of the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA). California does not participate in the Agreement but allows all public institutions to offer distance education to its residents.
Take the next step.
Fill out the form to start the conversation and one of our program specialists will follow up with you directly. You'll also receive a link to download our Graduate Programs brochure and our program information emails.
RFI Organic: Bus. Analytics Cert