TOEFL score (for international applicants only)
School Code: Isenberg-UMass Amherst – 3917
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) – 600 (250 computer-based score, 100 internet base score)*
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) – 7 or above
Pearson Test of English – Academic (PTE Academic) – 68 or above
If your native language is not English, and you are not a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident, you must submit your scores from a standardized English Language Proficiency Test in addition to your other required application materials.
Your standardized English Language Proficiency Test requirement may be waived if one of these conditions exists:
- You have citizenship of Australia, Botswana, Canada, Caribbean English speaking countries, Dominica, Gambia, Ghana, Great Britain, Guyana, Hong Kong, Ireland, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Namibia, New Zealand, Nigeria, Scotland, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, West Indies, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- You have earned a college or university degree in the United States or in one of the countries listed above.
- You have earned a degree from the American University in Beirut, American University in Bulgaria, American College of Greece, Bogazici University in Turkey, RIT in Dubai, NYU Abu Dhabi, or NYU Shanghai.
- You are currently enrolled as a full-time student who will have completed two academic years of college/university coursework in the United States prior to the date of anticipated entrance at the University of Massachusetts.
- You have been certified by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates.
If you’d like to be reviewed for TOEFL waiver eligibility, please submit the required application materials.
*For the Master of Finance in Alternative Investments program only, the minimum acceptable TOEFL score in 80.