I am an international graduate student, how do I find TOEFL information?
TOEFL score (for international applicants only)
School Code: Isenberg-UMass Amherst – 3917
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) – 600 (250 computer-based score, 100 internet base score)*
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) – 8 or above
Pearson Test of English – Academic (PTE Academic) – 68 or above
TOEFL waivers apply to applicants who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Citizenship of Australia, Botswana, Canada, Caribbean English speaking countries, Dominica, Gambia, Ghana, Great Britain, Guyana, Hong Kong, Ireland, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Namibia, New Zealand, Nigeria, Scotland, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, West Indies, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Earned a college or university degree in the United States or in one of the countries listed above.
- A degree earned from the American University in Beirut, American University in Bulgaria, American College of Greece, or from Bogazici University in Turkey.
- Current enrollment as a full-time student who will have completed two academic years of college/university work in the United States prior to the date of anticipated entrance at the University of Massachusetts.
- An Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certificate has been obtained (prior to June 2005 only.
If you’d like to be reviewed for TOEFL waiver eligibility, please submit the required application materials.
*For the Master of Finance in Alternative Investments program only, the minimum acceptable TOEFL score in 80.