Do I have to take the GMAT to apply for the MSA program?
To apply for the Isenberg MSA program we prefer you take the GMAT, however, if you have already taken the GRE, it will be accepted. If you take the GRE your score will be converted to a predicted GMAT score. Please refer to the GRE Comparison tool at www.ets.org to learn more.
School Code: Isenberg UMass Amherst - 3917
A GMAT Waiver can be granted if:
- The applicant has earned a GPA of 3.0 or better in the Isenberg Transitions Program, or
- The applicant has an undergraduate degree from an AACSB accredited institution and a minimum 3.2 GPA, a 3.5 GPA from a regionally accredited institution, or
- The applicant has successfully passed all sections of the CPA exam, or
- The applicant has a baccalaureate degree from the Isenberg School of Management.
Note: the above GMAT waiver criteria applies to MSA only, not other graduate programs.
- For those students who’ve earned an Undergraduate and Master’s Degree outside of the U.S.: To be considered for a GMAT waiver an official course-by-course evaluation (listing grades and overall GPA) will need to be submitted from an approved NACES evaluation service provider. Applicants commonly use WES or ECE. Along with your evaluation, you will also need to submit official transcripts/marksheets from your institution or notarized “true & attested” copies of originals are also accepted upon submission via U.S. mail.