- Once matriculated/officially admitted into the program, you will be provided with both UMass Amherst email (UMail) and SPIRE accounts and receive UMassOnline access to log-on to your classes.
- The username for these three platforms
will be the same; known as your NetID. The Office of Information
Technology/OIT will send new students your NetID, SPIRE ID and temporary
password in two separate emails. The first email includes your NetID and SPIRE
ID. The SPIRE ID is your permanent UMA
identification number. The second email
includes your temporary password, which will be the same password for your
SPIRE and UMail accounts.
- YOU MUST activate these accounts. Go to SPIRE, click 'Activate Your Account' on the right side of the screen.
You may receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, you will receive emails from email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure that these addresses are not spam-blocked, so that you receive important information.
Depending on the nature of questions or problems, there are offices available to quickly address your needs.
and SPIRE accounts - the OIT Help Desk is
available to address access and technical issues; please visit anytime at or
call 413-545-9400 during normal business hours generally Monday-Friday,
- Online class - for help concerning access and technical issues contact the help desk email@example.com or call 888-300-6407, 24 hours a day. Note - the online helpdesk CANNOT help you if you are not already enrolled in your class
- Registration Information - for help in ascertaining your enrollment status, if you do not see the courses you registered for on your class schedule in SPIRE; contact the Continuing & Professional Education Registration & Records Office firstname.lastname@example.org or 413.545-3653 during normal business hours generally Monday-Friday, 8:30-5:00 EST.
- Billing/payment information - for assistance with financial obligations contact the Bursar's Office CPE representative email@example.com or 413.545.0337 during normal business hours generally Monday-Friday, 8:30-5:00 EST.