How to Apply:
The application process begins with registration into our system so that you can apply online via the general UMass Graduate School Application Process. The UMass Graduate School will send your completed online application to the MBA Admissions Committee for individual review.
Your complete application must include:
- Personal statement - Your personal essay should be under 1000 words/2 pages. It should address: your specific interest in studying business, your career plan, and how earning an Isenberg MBA will help you achieve your goals.
- Official GMAT or GRE score - GMAT is preferred. Students are waived of the GMAT/GRE with a PhD, JD, MD, ECFMG or Fifth Pathway Certificate; or have completed a Master's Degree with a GPA of 3.75 or higher and 8 years of work history.
- Two professional letters of recommendation
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended, undergraduate and graduate, where six or more credits were taken or required. Electronic transcripts can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the originating school or mailed to the address below (transcripts from foreign institutions need to be mailed).
- Resume/CV - A minimum of 3 years work experience is preferred
- Application fee of $75
- For international applicants only - Minimum score of 600 (250 computer-based score, 100 internet base score) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), minimum score of 8 or above on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or minimum score of 68 on the PTE Academic (Pearson Test of English).
Coming from a career in the US Military? Click here to learn about special benefits, including a waiver of the application fee.
*Please note, we do not accept applicants who have previously earned a Master of Business Administration or Master of Science in Management.
Please submit your application online. Any additional application correspondence can be sent to:
Graduate Admissions Office
530 Goodell Building
University of Massachusetts
140 Hicks Way
Amherst, MA 01003-9333