Sport Management Course Override Request Form
Sport Management students should be able to enroll in any courses for which they are eligible using the SPIRE course registration system. If you are not a Sport Management major or do not meet the eligibility requirements, you may request a course override.
The Sport Management Course Override Request Form is for students to request a Sport Management course that they cannot register for on SPIRE. An explanation box is provided on the form for students to explain why they need the course and why SPIRE is not allowing to register.
These requests will be accommodated only under extenuating circumstances. Read the instructions below carefully.
Sport Management Course Override Request Form Instructions
- This form is used to submit an override request for Sport Management Courses only: If the course is not listed on the override form students should see the instructor for permission to override into the course.
- Students should use this form only if the course prerequisites are met. For example, you are in the appropriate class (i.e. junior, senior) and you have met all required prerequisites, but SPIRE is failing to recognize your eligibility and is not allowing you to enroll in the course. Another example is that you transferred a course into UMass Amherst from another school and SPIRE does not recognize the transferred course as the equivalent of a prerequisite required for enrollment. If you are getting a red "X" when you try to enroll in the course, read the error message SPIRE gives you. Perhaps these are prerequisites you do not meet or you are unable to enroll for a reason unrelated to meeting prerequisites.
- Before using this form, check the course prerequisites by clicking on the class entry on SPIRE, or get a PDF version of the University course schedule available here.
- Course override requests are reviewed at the end of the semester and continue until the beginning of next semester. You will be notified if you have been placed in the course or if we are not able to accommodate your request for the upcoming semester via email. Please check your UMail regularly for notification.
- Sport Management Course Override Request Forms are reviewed by the Undergraduate Dean's Office in the Isenberg School of Management. Form submission is a request and will be considered, and is not guaranteed to be granted.
Questions regarding the Sport Management Course Override Request Form should be directed to:
Isenberg Undergraduate Programs Office