The Mark H. McCormack Department of Sport Management, created in 1972, is the second-oldest of its kind in the world with graduates going on to careers in the spectator sport industry. Widely respected for the breadth and quality of its curriculum and research, the UMass program has been hailed by The Chronicle of Higher Education, Sports Business Journal, and other publications as a world leader in its field. The Mark H. McCormack Department of Sport Management:
- Utilizes a cutting-edge, experienced-based curriculum to best prepare our undergraduate and graduate students to
- Has a large Sport Management industry-focused faculty
teaching lively and challenging classes.
- Boasts one of the few programs actually housed in a business school.
- Has a 3,000+ member alumni directory. Many alumni who are Sport Management industry professionals and highly regarded in their field come back as guest speakers and mentor our undergrads and grads about their own career paths.
- Has extensive Sport Management Internship database with connections across the sport industry that can help further your own personal network.
- Offers the best experiential learning classes in the country. You can get"real-world" experience from classes in event-coordinating, sponsorship, community relations, and marketing. You will work with organizations in the industry that will enhance your knowledge, experience and networking.