Continuing & Professional Education Financial Aid Homepage:
- This site provides information regarding financial aid, grants and loans.
- As a Continuing and Professional Education student, you are eligible for financial aid if you are enrolled in a degree-seeking program and you carry a minimum of six degree credits, identify yourself as an Online Student. Students who are not eligible for financial aid because they are not in a degree-granting program may be eligible for a direct to consumer alternative loan.
- Summer financial aid is typically not part of the full academic year financial aid package. Students are responsible for any costs not covered by Financial Aid.
- Financial Aid has a 10 semester limit to complete 120 credits, a SAPP & Appeal Form must be completed for financial aid beyond 10 semesters.
Continuing & Professional Education Homepage:
- For cost and registration information, to order official transcripts.
UMassAmherst Libraries Homepage:
A great resource available to all UMA students is the W.E.B. Dubois Library. You use your UMail account log-in information for access.
This is where you will access your online course and the Blackboard Vista learning platform.
- You receive your log on information in your UMail, UMA e-mail account 1 to 3 business days after you register through SPIRE or your registration is processed through CPE registration.
- Please make sure you can log on and take a look at the course when it opens a week prior to it starting, to familiarize yourself with the course.
- The UMA student information system that enables you
to have direct secure web access to your student administrative data such as
your class schedule, grades, bill, registration, transcript, holds, and
financial aid status.
- For course schedule confirmation, grades, financial info, please visit this web site.
- Schedules and grades are not mailed to you but may be viewed online and printed via SPIRE.
To contact OIT concerning your SPIRE account, please visit www.oit.umass.edu/spire or call (413) 545-9400.
Office of Information Technology (OIT) Homepage:
- To access your online course, you will need to activate your UMail, UMA student email account.
- It is University policy to use your UMail account for any important communications; the Online Program follows this policy in using your UMail account to send important information.
- For questions regarding your UMail student email account, please visit the OIT website or call 413.545.9400.
- You can find information about forwarding your UMail account to one that you may use more often. They can also assist with forgotten passwords and general account set up.
- If you need help with technical issues, please e-mail email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-300-6407 (24-hours a day, 7 days a week). You may also want to take advantage of the Live Text Chat available on the UMassOnline course login page.
UMass E-Bookstore Homepage:
- You can order books online at the website provided above or they may be available at a number of on online resources, not all are ordered through the UMA bookstore. Contact Instructor with specific text questions.
Depending on the course you may need to purchase a text or readings might be provided online.
See semester specific course listing for textbook information in SPIRE, the University online catalog- https://spire.umass.edu
You do not need to log on, click on right side of page Search Classes/Catalog then on the left Search for Classes by term and subject, click on the class and text info is listed there.
- Please order your textbooks promptly so you do not fall behind.
- Textbooks should be purchased BEFORE the course starts, especially in the shorter sessions in which assignments may be due within the first couple of days.
University of Massachusetts Amherst Homepage:
- This site provides you with information on the University of Massachusetts Amherst. Including links to Isenberg, SPIRE, UMail, Library and Peoplefinder.