Applying to the Program
- A completed application consists of the Continuing & Professional Education Application with submission of official transcripts sent from all colleges, a personal statement, resume and application fee. Please refer to Application Instructions at the right.
- International transcripts - International applicants may submit official international transcripts in English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, or Spanish. If the official transcript is in another language, then the official transcript must be accompanied by an official translation, with the signature and title of the translator. In addition, a professional transcript evaluation is required for all International transcripts. Please note that these evaluations are recommendations and each American institution has different transfer credit policies.
Send application and all materials to
Continuing & Professional Education
University of Massachusetts Amherst
100 Venture Way Suite 201
Hadley, MA 01035-9430
- A successful applicant will have a minimum of 27 transferable semester credits (or the equivalent of one year of full-time study at the undergraduate level); and
Completion of most of the Isenberg predictor courses
with grades of B or better (calculus, microeconomics, macroeconomics,
statistics, and Financial Accounting); and
A minimum 2.5 on a 4.0 scale cumulative GPA, which does not guarantee admission. However, (1) students with a 3.0 or higher GPA are in a better position for admission as well as (2) nontraditional students with interrupted education whose most recent academics are at a 3.0 or higher GPA. Three years of relevant full time work or military experience may be considered in lieu of some predictor course requirements.
Predictor coursework success is a good guide to determine your ability to
perform in our upper-level business course requirements. All but
calculus (requires in person final near you) are offered entirely online through UMA and may be taken as a non-degree
student www.umassulearn.net to register.
- A degree-status student enrolled in at least six credits during a semester may be eligible for a subsidized or unsubsidized loan. U.S. citizens and resident aliens applying for aid may submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid ( FAFSA ) form to the appropriate processing center. For specific aid information, please contact Financial Aid Services directly. Website and contact information for Financial Aid Services can be found through the Continuing & Professional Education Financial Aid website.
Payment of Fees/Tuition
- You will be billed directly by the University Bursar's Office.
Billing information will be sent to your UMass email/UMail account.
Paper bills will not be generated. Your payment is due
by the due date indicated on your bill. Nonpayment: Overdue bills may
result in administrative withdrawal and referral to a collection agency,
plus collection costs.
Online business courses cost $475 per credit, plus a $45 registration
fee per semester. Most business courses are 3 credits. The cost is the
same for all students, in-state, out-of-state, international.
- Up to 75 credits may be transferred in, credits transfer, grades do not.
Former UMA students
- Former UMass Amherst GPA does count towards your new program GPA unless you are eligible and choose the University's Fresh Start Program.
Fresh Start may be an option for you as a returning UMA student if you
have not taken a course through UMA in the past 3 years, for more
information please see Information About the Fresh Start Option for Eligible Returning Students.
- If you are offered Fresh Start in your acceptance packet and choose to make a Fresh Start you must return the form as indicated by the add/drop date of your semester of acceptance.
- Please use the above application and write on the front if applicable-Joint Admissions or Mass Transfer so the application fee will be waived.