What are the application requirements for the Isenberg Online BBA Degree Completion Program?
- A successful applicant will have the equivalent of at least one year of study at the undergraduate level or 27 transferable college level semester credits, including completion of the Isenberg predictor courses with a B or better;
Financial Accounting, Calculus, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics and Statistics.
- While a 2.5 is the minimum GPA required, the average GPA of accepted students is a 3.0
- To apply, for transferable course tips and for some general tips and the link to UMA gen-ed quick tips see bottom of-
How much does the Isenberg Online BBA Degree Completion Program cost?
Currently the Online BBA Business courses cost $475 per credit with a $45 registration fee per semester.
See www.umassulearn.net/financial-info/fees-expenses for payment options.
You will also be required to purchase text books and/or CD's.
There is no cost difference for in or out of state/country residence.
Currently, most (not all) business courses are 3 credits.
If you take the minimum of 45 credits that is required, it will cost approximately $22,000 depending on how long it takes you and how many registration fees you end up having to pay.
Taking 60 credits, it will cost approximately $30,000, 90 credits approximately $45,000 Online plus the above extras.
Gen-ed requirements or electives may be at a different cost see www.umassulearn.net for course cost information.
The University also has a commencement fee, currently $75. for entering students spring 2012 and prior.
NEW for students entering FALL 2012- $135 Undergraduate Entering Fee, non-refundable fee combines the lifetime transcript and commencement fees into one fee.
What majors and minors are offered in the Isenberg Online BBA Degree Completion Program ?
- We currently offer majors in Finance, Management or Marketing.
- In order to maintain quality of our programs, we follow the same rules and regulations of our Onsite Program. Thus, you cannot double major or minor in the Isenberg School of Management BBA.
Certificate Information Some possibilities are in Journalism, Criminal Justice and in Hospitality Management.
Will my Isenberg Online BBA Degree Completion Program diploma say "Online" on it?
- Upon successful application and completion of all University and Isenberg School graduation requirements, you will receive a University of Massachusetts Amherst, Isenberg School of Management BBA degree.
- The same degree received by any on-campus student, and no where will it state "online".
Is the Isenberg Online BBA Degree Completion Program a full time program?
- The Online BBA degree completion program may be completed on a full time basis.
- Spring and fall semesters are generally 13-weeks long; in which you can take up to five courses; expect a 10+ hour time commitment per week per 3 credit course.
- The summer session structure is changing starting summer 2013, more information will be posted when available.
- Wintersession is an extremely intensive 3-week session over the winter holidays, mid-December to mid-January; you can take up to 4 credits/one course; expect a 42+ hour time commitment per week per 3 credit course. You may be required to log on every or nearly every day.
- You may need to allow for even more time per semester if you are a slow typist.
- You can log on at your convenience but will have deadlines to meet and time restrictions to work within.
- Which semesters you attend and how many courses you take depend on your other obligations, financial aid requirements and your goals for completion.
- Students have many opportunities to take courses with an average degree completion span of 1.5-4 years.
How many credits are required for the Isenberg Online BBA Degree Completion Program, how many can I transfer?
- A maximum of 75 credits may be transferred in, a minimum of 45 credits must be taken through UMass Amherst/UMA for 120 total.
- 54 UMA credits must be completed to be eligible for honors.