General Education Courses
Bachelor of Science (BS)
General Education courses provide you with a common, broad-based, well-rounded experience by exposing you to a variety of curriculum areas. These separate but complementary experiences will give you a quality education, putting you on a path for an exciting career and a productive life.
General Education Courses Include:
- Linear Methods: Math121 (R1) and (R2)
- Micro Economics: Econ103 (SB)
- Macro Economics: Econ104 (SB)
- College Writing (CW)
- Nutrition for a Healthy Lifestyle: Nutritn 130 (BS)
- Physical Science (PS)
- Literature (AL) or Arts (AT)
- Historical Studies (HS)
- United States Diversity Course (U)
- Global Diversity Course (G)
- 2 Gen Ed Electives
More information can be found on the Gen Ed @UMass website.