Current Students

Are you applying to be Re-admitted to UMass Amherst for one of the Isenberg Undergraduate Online degree programs? 

Former Isenberg students 
  • Require a minimum of 27 undergraduate credits and have left the University in good standing. 

Former University students 

  • Require a minimum of 27 undergraduate credits, and have a 3.0 GPA. 
All re-admits 
  • Need to submit a 1-2 page personal statement which should discuss how your experiences led to your decision to apply Isenberg Online. Describe your educational goals, including the focus of your academic interests, as well as how you think UMass Amherst can help you meet these goals. 
  • Prior to submitting your re-admit application you should request a preliminary r​e​v​i​e​w​<​h​t​t​p​:​/​/​w​w​w​.​i​s​e​n​b​e​r​g​.​u​m​a​s​s​.​e​d​u​/​o​n​l​i​n​e​/​u​n​d​e​r​g​rad/advising/preliminary-review> to determine if you are eligible. 
  • Readmit application deadlines are October 15 for Spring/late January entrance and April 15 for Fall/early September entrance. For the Admissions Application and instructions, please visit The Application for "CE-UG R​e​-​A​d​m​i​t​s​"​<​h​t​t​p​:​/​/​w​w​w​.​u​m​a​s​s​u​l​e​a​r​n​.​n​e​t​/​i​m​a​g​e​s​/​s​t​o​r​i​es/pdf/readmission_app_ce_ug_11_25_13.pdf> is near the bottom of w​w​w​.​u​m​a​s​s​u​l​e​a​r​n​.​n​e​t​/​f​o​r​m​s​<​h​t​t​p​:​/​/​w​w​w​.​u​m​a​s​s​u​l​e​a​r​n​.​n​et/forms> and must be postmarked by the above dates. 

Do I have to take the certificate courses for a grade?

For certificates at the Undergraduate level, classes must be taken for a grade and require a minimum grade of C of higher.

Can degree completion students take on-site classes?

Yes. Online degree completion students can take on-site classes on a space available basis. Please note that there is a different tuition rate and additional fees.

Searching for General Education Classes?

Finding Gen Ed classes can be tricky, so here is a tip to simplify the process:

  1. Go to Spire
  2. In the right-hand column, click Search Classes/Catalog
  3. Near the bottom of the Class Search Criteria section, use the dropdown box Gen Ed Category to refine your search
  4. At the bottom, use the dropdown box Mode of Instruction to choose Online

Gen Ed Requirements:

Can I participate in graduation ceremonies on campus?

All eligible students can participate in graduation ceremonies. Many of our online students have made only one trip to campus -- to graduate!

You are eligible if your last semester is Fall September 2013, Wintersession 2014, Spring 2014 or Summer 2014.  Graduating seniors and their families can attend both the University Commencement ceremony and the Isenberg School Senior Celebration. Degrees will be conferred at commencement while seniors will receive a commemorative UMass Amherst medal at the Isenberg Senior Celebration.

We encourage graduating seniors and their families to attend both the university commencement and the Isenberg Senior Celebration.

Isenberg Senior Recognition Ceremony

  • Saturday, May 10, 2014
  • 9:00-10:30 a.m.
  • Mullins Center on the campus of UMass Amherst

Student names are called and commemorative university medals are handed out.

Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony

  • Friday, May 9, 2014
  • 4:30 p.m
  • McGuirk Alumni Stadium on the campus of UMass Amherst

Learn how to get your regalia- in person or by mail.

Learn more about graduation schedules and ceremonies.

What is the MBA Oath Ceremony?

The MBA Oath is a voluntary pledge for graduating MBA students to "create value responsibly and ethically." The Oath is an MBA student initiated and driven movement which started in 2008. To date, over 5,000 signers at 300 institutions have signed the MBA Oath.

The Isenberg School of Management, along with Net Impact and a dedicated committee of student leaders, invite all interested graduating MBA students to sign the Oath and participate in a very brief Oath Ceremony prior to the MBA Graduation Reception.

Date: Thursday, May 8th
Time: 6:00 PM
Location: Cape Cod Lounge, Lincoln Campus Center, UMass Amherst
Followed by: MBA Reception at 6:30 PM on the 11th Floor, Lincoln Campus Center
RSVP due by April 28: Email Brook Cobaugh at with the expected number of guests. Space is limited.

For more information on the Oath, to read and pre-sign the Oath online, please visit You can sign the Oath online if you are unable to attend the Ceremony.

Questions can be directed to Brook Cobaugh.

When can I enroll in classes?

Current Students will receive a date and time when enrollment opens, based on your completed credits. Check SPIRE for your Enrollment Appointment.

If you are not a Current Student (not yet accepted to an Isenberg program), check registration dates when you enroll in classes at CPE.

Spring registration begins mid-November

Summer registration begins mid-March

Fall registration begins mid-July

Winter session registration begins mid-October


How do I drop or withdraw from a class?

Drop - You may drop a course up until the last day of the Add/Drop period. You will receive a refund (the refund will not include the course registration fee).

Withdraw - You may withdraw from a class up until the Withdraw date. A class dropped during this period will be recorded on your transcript as a 'W' and no refund will be given.

Dates - See the academic calendar for drop and withdraw dates.

Refunds are given for classes dropped during the add/drop/refund period if proper procedures are followed. For more information, see the Refund Schedule and Calendar. The registration fee is non-refundable.

To drop a class before the Add/Drop deadline:
Note: Classes dropped before the Add/Drop deadline will not show on transcripts.

Complete the electronic drop form.

If you have a CPE appointment in SPIRE, you can drop the class via SPIRE self-enrollment.

To withdraw from a class during the Withdrawal period:

Note: Classes dropped during the Withdrawal period will show a grade of "W” for undergraduate students.

Complete the electronic drop form.

If you have a CPE appointment in SPIRE, you may be able to drop the class via SPIRE self-enrollment.

How do I search for & enroll in classes?

Isenberg Courses:

All students can use the Courses: Browse & Enroll tool to find and sign up for Isenberg classes.

Other Courses: Prospective Students

If you are not a Current Student (not yet accepted to an Isenberg program) and want to sign up for a non-Isenberg class, you can search and enroll in classes at CPE.  You are not eligible to register through Spire.

Other Courses: Current Students

  1. Login to SPIRE (the University online catalog and course search tool)
  2. Click on Main Menu > Course Guides > Search for Classes
  3. Follow directions for your session below

Gen Ed classes Spring & Fall session:

  • Term = Spring or Fall
  • Gen-Ed Category = Pick the gen-ed category you seek
  • Session  =
    • CPE (Continuing Education): full semester courses
    • CPE Non-standard dates: 1/2 semester courses

Gen Ed classes Summer and Winter session:

  • Term = Summer or Winter
  • Course Career = Undergradudate
  • Gen-Ed Category = Pick the gen-ed category you seek

Other Courses
To search for other courses, pick a Course Subject instead of a Gen-Ed Category.

More Info:
Get more info about enrolling in classes using Spire.