Prospective Students

Are you applying to be Re-admitted to UMass Amherst for one of the Isenberg Undergraduate Online degree programs? 

Former Isenberg students 
  • Require a minimum of 27 undergraduate credits and have left the University in good standing. 

Former University students 

  • Require a minimum of 27 undergraduate credits, and have a 3.0 GPA. 
All re-admits 
  • Need to submit a 1-2 page personal statement which should discuss how your experiences led to your decision to apply Isenberg Online. Describe your educational goals, including the focus of your academic interests, as well as how you think UMass Amherst can help you meet these goals. 
  • Prior to submitting your re-admit application you should request a preliminary r​e​v​i​e​w​<​h​t​t​p​:​/​/​w​w​w​.​i​s​e​n​b​e​r​g​.​u​m​a​s​s​.​e​d​u​/​o​n​l​i​n​e​/​u​n​d​e​r​g​rad/advising/preliminary-review> to determine if you are eligible. 
  • Readmit application deadlines are October 15 for Spring/late January entrance and April 15 for Fall/early September entrance. For the Admissions Application and instructions, please visit The Application for "CE-UG R​e​-​A​d​m​i​t​s​"​<​h​t​t​p​:​/​/​w​w​w​.​u​m​a​s​s​u​l​e​a​r​n​.​n​e​t​/​i​m​a​g​e​s​/​s​t​o​r​i​es/pdf/readmission_app_ce_ug_11_25_13.pdf> is near the bottom of w​w​w​.​u​m​a​s​s​u​l​e​a​r​n​.​n​e​t​/​f​o​r​m​s​<​h​t​t​p​:​/​/​w​w​w​.​u​m​a​s​s​u​l​e​a​r​n​.​n​et/forms> and must be postmarked by the above dates. 

Can I apply to the online undergraduate degree completion program if I already have a Bachelor’s degree?

What is the typical admissions profile?

Admissions profile:

  • Average work experience: 10 years (while we prefer applicants to have 3-5 years’ experience, many students in the program have several years)
  • Average GMAT score: 570
  • Average UGPA range: 3.0 – 3.4


TOEFL Information - for international applicants only

School Code: Isenberg-UMass Amherst – 3917

Minimum scores:

TOEFL waivers apply to applicants who meet at least one of the following criteria:

  • Citizenship of Australia, Botswana, Canada, Caribbean English speaking countries, Dominica, Gambia, Ghana, Great Britain, Guyana, Hong Kong, Ireland, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Namibia, New Zealand, Nigeria, Scotland, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, West Indies, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
  • Earned a college or university degree in the United States or in one of the countries listed above.
  • A degree earned from the American University in Beirut, American University in Bulgaria, American College of Greece, or from Bogazici University in Turkey.
  • Current enrollment as a full-time student who will have completed two academic years of college/university work in the United States prior to the date of anticipated entrance at the University of Massachusetts.
  • An Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certificate has been obtained (prior to June 2005 only.)

When can I enroll in classes?

Current Students will receive a date and time when enrollment opens, based on your completed credits. Check SPIRE for your Enrollment Appointment.

If you are not a Current Student (not yet accepted to an Isenberg program), check registration dates when you enroll in classes at CPE.

Spring registration begins mid-November

Summer registration begins mid-March

Fall registration begins mid-July

Winter session registration begins mid-October


How do I drop or withdraw from a class?

Drop - You may drop a course up until the last day of the Add/Drop period. You will receive a refund (the refund will not include the course registration fee).

Withdraw - You may withdraw from a class up until the Withdraw date. A class dropped during this period will be recorded on your transcript as a 'W' and no refund will be given.

Dates - See the academic calendar for drop and withdraw dates.

Refunds are given for classes dropped during the add/drop/refund period if proper procedures are followed. For more information, see the Refund Schedule and Calendar. The registration fee is non-refundable.

To drop a class before the Add/Drop deadline:
Note: Classes dropped before the Add/Drop deadline will not show on transcripts.

Complete the electronic drop form.

If you have a CPE appointment in SPIRE, you can drop the class via SPIRE self-enrollment.

To withdraw from a class during the Withdrawal period:

Note: Classes dropped during the Withdrawal period will show a grade of "W” for undergraduate students.

Complete the electronic drop form.

If you have a CPE appointment in SPIRE, you may be able to drop the class via SPIRE self-enrollment.

I've completed my courses to earn a certificate. Is there a form to fill out?

  • Once you’ve completed the course requirements for your UNDERGRADUATE certificate program, please email us and once we’ve verified that you’ve taken the required courses and received a C or better, your certificate will be processed and mailed to you.  
  • Once you've completed the course requirements for your GRADUATE certificate program, please contact your advisor.

Can UMass Amherst undergraduate students in the Hospitality and Tourism Management BS program at UMass Amherst earn one of the undergraduate certificates?

  • These certificates are not designed or recommended for students earning their undergraduate degree from Isenberg School of management at UMass Amherst. You may take the courses as a way of learning more about these areas and specializing, however if any of the classes overlap with your major requirements your transcript will state that the degree supersedes the certificate.
  • Up to 2 courses may be taken on campus (HT-MGT 260, 337, 332, or 350 on a space available basis)