Use your voice and your video talents to inspire leaders to do business for good!
- Submission deadline: Monday April 29, 2013
- Grand Prize: $100 First place
Video finalists will be screened at the Net Impact General Meeting April 30th where the winner will be announced.
Video must be no longer than 3 minutes and submitted on CD or DVD in an accessible video format. Video can be documentaries, skits, live footage or animations.
We are looking for a video that will attract new members to join our Graduate and Undergraduate chapters. Video themes can include but are not limited to:
- Our mission (https://www.isenberg.umass.edu/netimpact/About_Us/)
- Initiatives (https://www.isenberg.umass.edu/netimpact/Initiatives/)
- How to join (https://www.isenberg.umass.edu/netimpact/Get_Involved/Join_Net_Impact/)
We are happy to talk to participants who are not aware of Net Impact already if they need help wrapping their heads around what we are doing.
To enter the contest, send an email to email@example.com with your name and contact information. Registration is free of cost.
In addition to our membership meetings, Net Impact coordinates, hosts, and attends a variety of events throughout the year. The following are examples of events we've done in the past few years.
- Net Impact National Conference: Portland, Oregon
- Harvard Social Enterprise Conference: Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Jeff Rosen, CFO of the Solidago Foundation spoke on how to build a sustainable funding infrastructure
- Kristin Richmond, CEO and Founder of Revolution Foods spoke on her experience creating a company that specializes in healthy lunch alternatives for public, charter, and summer school programs
- John Gillespie, author of "Money for Nothing: How the Failure of Corporate Boards Is Ruining American Business and Costing Us Trillions," discussed how corporate boards have contributed to the global economic crisis
Webinars and Films
- "The Business of Food Transparency" by Gary Hirshberg Chairman, President, and CE-Yo of Stonyfield Farm
- "Becoming a Successful Sustainability Consultant" by Jennifer Woofter, President and Founder of Strategic Sustainability Consulting
- "Tapped" by Atlas Films
Internship and job search workshops with other Net Impact members to find organizations and opportunities for internships and jobs
Panels of Net Impact alumni talking about their experiences working in sustainable business ventures and panels of local sustainable business leaders
Lectures by professors or local business leaders providing insight on how to start, develop, and succeed in working at sustainable businesses