Your Senior Year
You don't have to look for a job by yourself. The Chase Career Center (SOM 101) can help. Meet with your Chase Career Center Advisor in Isenberg SOM 101 early in September and let's get started together. Landing a professional-level job can be challenging, but you have succeeded at many things for years.
- Get help writing a resume designed to carry you from college to corporation. You may utilize aspects of resumes you have used in the past, but let's do some senior year strategic thinking now.
- Identify a list of job opportunities you may want to pursue. This will be a guide to follow. Companies and job types can always be added or subtracted.
- Attend Resume Writing and Interview Preparation workshops and participate in Resume Review Day and Interview Practice Day.
- Take advantage of the Alumni Mentor Program.
- Apply for job opportunities of interest through both the Isenberg eRecruiting system (isenberg.experience.com), and the University's Career Service's eRecruiting system (umass.experience.com). Each system often contains different job opportunities.
- Know that not all good career opportunities are part of on-campus interviewing or the eRecruiting system. Come to the Chase Career Center to learn how to access additional options.
- Concerned that getting job offers too soon may force you to make decisions too soon? We can show you ways to manage this situation.
- Read and follow the Interview Code of Honor. It is posted on the log-on page of http://www.isenberg.experience.com.
- Prepare for your job interviews. We can help you. Those who prepare well, tend to succeed.
- Participate in information sessions sponsored by interviewing companies
- Engage with corporate guests at Atrium events.
- Not receiving our frequent career-related emails? Let us know at the Chase Career Center ASAP.
- Attend Isenberg SOM Career Day, September 27, and speak with employers.
- Visit us to prepare for follow up interviews and learn about evaluating job offers.
REMEMBER: Accepting a job offer is a serious commitment. Yes means yes. DO NOT accept a job and then continue looking for another opportunity.
- If you have started looking for your next job, let's work together. If you have not, we'll help you get started now.
- See the bullets above.
- Attend the University-wide Career Fair in February.