30 Second Elevator Speech
Developing a quick, 30 second elevator speech will help you quickly outline your past, present, and future goals during interviews, career fairs, networking events, and informational interviews. Having this tool readily available in your memory will boost your comfort level in these situations and get your point across quickly and confidently.
- Preparing Your Elevator Speech
Check out NetworkingforProfessionals.com's article, Preparing Your Elevator Speech, for some tips on how to start putting together your elevator speech.
- Elevator Speech
This article from Pepperdine's Career Center provides a step-by-step outline for tackling your 30 second elevator speech.
- Quint Careers Elevator Speech Advice Quint Careers has three articles that will really help you craft your elevator speech:
- Elevator Speech Do's and Don'ts provides a bulleted list of what to include and what not to include in your elevator speech.
- The Elevator Speech is the Swiss Army Knife of Job-Search Tools
gives tips on how to assemble an elevator speech, as well as some examples of good elevator speeches.
- Fantastic Formulas for Composing Elevator Speeches
helps you develop your USP (Unique Selling Proposition) and provides formulas to develop an effective 30 second elevator speech.