Entrepreneurship courses are an excellent place to start your entrepreneurship journey. To succeed you need access to people with real-world experience. We call them mentors.
UMass programs open to students, alumni, faculty, and staff
- Mentors & Ventures Program (MVP) - For teams past the concept phase with a highly scalable venture and who need contact with the UMass alumni community in Greater Boston.
- VentureCoach - Students, faculty, and staff can request to be connected to a network of successful alumni & friends for one-on-on help.
- LegalCoach - The Center has relations with private attorneys who will provide students and faculty free consultations about their new ventures. For access to this service contact us.
UMass programs open to the public
- Family Business Center - For family owned & run businesses seeking best practices, peers, education, and mentoring.
- Massachusetts Small Business Development Center (MSBDC) - Provides one-to-one free comprehensive and confidential services focusing on, business growth and strategies, financing and loan assistance as well as strategic, marketing and operational analysis.
- Student Consulting Teams - For local companies seeking free advice and an opportunity to give students a real-world experience. For more information contact us.
Non-UMass programs open to the public
- Amherst Center for Entrepreneurship (ACE) - For high-tech-centric teams executing their plans and seeking one-on-one mentoring, office space, and access to seed financing.
- SCORE - For teams building traditional small businesses likely to use SBA/bank financing in the near future.
- Valley Venture Mentors (VVM) - For teams past the concept phase with a highly scalable venture and who need contact with successful entrepreneurs and business executives from the Pioneer Valley. This program is not affiliated with UMass, but it is a spin-out of the UMass Amherst Entrepreneurship Initiative.