Entrepreneurship courses are an excellent place to start your entrepreneurship journey. To succeed you need access to people with real-world experience. We call them mentors.
UMass programs open to students, alumni, faculty, and staff
- Mentors & Ventures Program (MVP) - For teams past the concept phase with a highly scalable venture and who need contact with the UMass alumni community in Greater Boston.
- VentureCoach - Students, faculty, and staff can request to be connected to a network of successful alumni & friends for one-on-on help.
- LegalCoach - The Center has relations with private attorneys who will provide students and faculty free consultations about their new ventures. For access to this service contact us.
- Build a team. Join a team - Students, faculty, and staff can look for new members for their team or look to join a team here.
UMass programs open to the public
- Family Business Center - For family owned & run businesses seeking best practices, peers, education, and mentoring.
- Massachusetts Small Business Development Center (MSBDC) - Provides one-to-one free comprehensive and confidential services focusing on, business growth and strategies, financing and loan assistance as well as strategic, marketing and operational analysis.
- Student Consulting Teams - For local companies seeking free advice and an opportunity to give students a real-world experience. For more information contact us.
- Business Growth Center (BGC) - In Springfield, the BGC offers programs, services, and space to entrepreneurs. Its Growth Advisory Program connects local professionals to companies for mentoring and support. The center is managed by a loaned administrator from UMass.
Non-UMass programs open to the public
- Amherst Center for Entrepreneurship (ACE) - For high-tech-centric teams executing their plans and seeking one-on-one mentoring, office space, and access to seed financing.
- SCORE - For teams building traditional small businesses likely to use SBA/bank financing in the near future.
- Valley Venture Mentors (VVM) - For teams past the concept phase with a highly scalable venture and who need contact with successful entrepreneurs and business executives from the Pioneer Valley. This program is not affiliated with UMass, but it is a spin-out of the UMass Amherst Entrepreneurship Initiative.