Sophomores interested in entrepreneurship have the option to live together in a dedicated Living-Learning Community. Details here.
Courses To Consider at UMass Amherst [learn more on Spire]
- ONLINE: BDIC 391ES - Foundations in Arts Entrepreneurship
- ONLINE: HM&FNART 391AS Foundations in Arts Entrepreneurship
- ONLINE: SCH-MGMT 397B - Intro to Entrepreneurship - Student develop a document describing your own new venture idea.
- ONLINE: UWW 397E - Funding Sustainable Enterprises - Introduction to the different sources of funding available to startups.
- ONLINE: UWW 397 A - Introduction to Sustainable Entrepreneurship. Fall.
- Independent Study in Entrepreneurship: contact us to sign up
- MANAGMNT 241 - New Venture Creation. Gen Ed course (SB) Study the feasibility of a new venture you imagine. Fall & Spring.
- ResEc 324B - Core business planning course required for the Resource Economics major.
- MANAGMNT 341- New Ventures - Case-based entrepreneurship course focusing on the entrepreneurial experience. Fall.
- HM&FNART 391AS - Foundations in Arts Entrepreneurship
- SPORTMGT392D - Sport Entrepreneurship
- SCH-MGMT 397A - Introduction to Entrepreneurship 1 credit Fall and Spring
- MANAGMNT 397A - New Venture Finance. Sources of funding and how to secure them. Spring (Except Spring 2014)
- BDIC 397B - Leadership & Networking Fall and Spring
- PLSOILIN 397 M - Applied entrepreneurship course related to plant and soil businesses.
- JOURNAL 397EJ - Entrepreneurial Journalism
- SCH-MGMT 491E - Field Experience in Entrepreneurship. Do a consulting project for a startup. Fall.
- MANAGMNT 491B - Social Entrepreneurship. Fall
- MKTG 491 - Small Business Marketing course in which
students write a marketing plan for a Small Business Development Center
client company in western Massachusetts. Spring.
- M&I-ENG 491E Engineering Leadership, Innovation, Teaching and Entrepreneurship Seminar
- ENG 496E Independent Study. Instructor permission required. Course deals with developing a business plan
- ENGIN 597B - Technology Management. Focuses on the planning of real businesses with a strong technological component. Fall
- SCH-MGMT 597B - Technology Management. Co-listed with ENGIN 597A Fall
- ONLINE: SCH-MGMT 697 ET - Business Planning
- ONLINE: SCH-MGMT 797 AG ST B - Business Planning
- SCH-MGMT 697RE - Real Estate Entrepreneurship - Course in which students conduct a hands on exploration of real ventures in real estate.
- SCH-MGMT 792 G - Venture Capital course in which
students review real business plans in a effort to determine the
viability of the business and the potential risk of investment. Not offered till further notice.
- SCH-MGMT 797 B - Technology Management course that
is offered jointly by Isenberg and the Engineering Department
focusing on assessing the commercial potential of a new technology. Fall
Are we missing a course? Please let us know - thanks!