Sophomores interested in entrepreneurship have the option to live together in a dedicated Living-Learning Community. Details here.
Courses To Consider at UMass Amherst [learn more on Spire]
- ONLINE: SCH-MGMT 397B - Intro to Entrepreneurship - Student develop a document describing your own new venture idea.
- ONLINE: UWW 397E - Funding Sustainable Enterprises - Introduction to the different sources of funding available to startups.
- ONLINE: UWW 397 A - Introduction to Sustainable Entrepreneurship. Fall.
- ONLINE: BDIC 391ES Foundations in Arts Entrepreneurship
- ONLINE: HM&FNART 391AS Foundations in Arts Entrepreneurship
- Independent Study in Entrepreneurship: contact us to sign up
- SCH-MGMT 397A - Introduction to Entrepreneurship 1 credit
- BDIC 397B - Leadership & Networking
- SCH-MGMT 292V - New Venture Creation. Gen Ed course (SB) Study the feasibility of a new venture you imagine. Fall & Spring.
- MANAGMNT 341- New Ventures - Case-based entrepreneurship course focusing on the entrepreneurial experience. Fall.
- SCH-MGMT 491 E - Field Experience in Entrepreneurship. Do a consulting project for a startup. Fall.
- MANAGMNT 397A New Venture Finance. Sources of funding and how to secure them. Spring
- MANAGMNT 491B Social Entrepreneurship
- ResEc 324 B - Core business planning course required for the Resource Economics major.
- ENG 496E Independent Study. Instructor permission required. Course deals with developing a business plan
- ENGIN 597 B - Focuses on the planning of real businesses with a strong technological component.
- SCH-MGMT 597B Co-listed with ENGIN 597A
- MKTG 491 - Small Business Marketing course in which
students write a marketing plan for a Small Business Development Center
client company in western Massachusetts. Spring.
- PLSOILIN 397 M - Applied entrepreneurship course related to plant and soil businesses.
- JOURNAL 397EJ - Entrepreneurial Journalism
- ONLINE: SCH-MGMT 797 AG ST B - Business Planning
- ONLINE: SCH-MGMT 697 ET - Business Planning
- SCH-MGMT 792 G - Venture Capital course in which students review real business plans in a effort to determine the viability of the business and the potential risk of investment.
- SCH-MGMT 797 B - Technology Management course that is offered jointly by Isenberg and the Engineering Department focusing on assessing the commercial potential of a new technology.
- SCH-MGMT 697RE - Real Estate Entrepreneurship - Course in which students conduct a hands on exploration of real ventures in real estate.
Are we missing a course? Please let us know - thanks!