Why Enter a Business Plan Competition?
Business competitions provide an excellent opportunity to hone your business plan, improve your presentation and pitch skills and get funding or prize money for your venture!
These competitions are run as a part of BDIC 397: Introduction to Entrepreneurship. The competition is open to current student of the class, former student of the class, or anyone who receives permission from one of the course instructors.
- Fall & Spring > Isenberg Elevator Pitch Competition ($100 in prizes)
- Fall & Spring > Isenberg Concept Competition ($1,000 in prizes)
UMass Innovation Challenge Competitions
This series of competitions and training events are for students and recent alumni of UMass Amherst.
- Fall & Spring > MinutePitch ($2,500)
- Fall > Executive Summary & Elevator Pitch ($10,000 in prizes)
- Spring > Mini-Plan Competition & Business Plan Competition (>$50,000 in prizes)
Non-UMass Business Plan Competitions (dozens of them!)
You can find a dizzying list of places trying to give you money via their competitions here.